The Development Association of Shire (DAS) had carried out small-scale projects in the past. These projects were focused on reconstructing the community and initiated the volunteer efforts.
These were the projects:
- Provided funding for the youth in extracurricular activities such as music, art, and sports.
- Provide funding for cleanup crews for each Woreda’s; for instance, clothing, cleaning equipment, garbage cans, and dumpsters. * This enhanced the city structures of North-western part of Tigray.
- Covered transportation fees for underprivileged high academic ranking students to and from the university.
- Assisted those who are infected with HIV/AIDS and also provided support to the children of these infected members of our society.
- Provided monetary assistance to the older citizens who are unable to care for themselves.